A Java application to follow your watchlists on multiple WikiMedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.)
This application is developed by Magnus Manske and is released under the GFDL V3.0 or later. Comments, flaming etc. go on my talk page.
- Download and unzip the software. Start the "MetaWatchlist.jar" file.
- Enter your user name and password for one of the MediaWiki projects (SUL is mandatory!).
- Enter projects (e.g., "de.wikipedia" or "commons.wikimedia") and add them to the list.
- "en.wikipedia" is entered by default as a demo; you can remove it anytime.
- Click on "Update watchlists".
- Chose one of the projects from the list, or "all", to see the last changes, ordered descending by date.
- V0.1 (2009-07-28) pre-alpha
- Timer-based refresh (e.e. every 15 minutes), sound bell if new items
- Automatically (user option) check changes for the last X pages the user created
- Automatically (user option) check changes for the last X pages the user edited